Series 3 - Into the Fire
April 21 @ 8pm, 22 @ 4pm
Tech rehearsals: April 2o after 5pm
Venue: Pia Bouman School
Deadline: January 26, 11:59pm
Our Into the Fire series is an exciting program featuring collaborations, emerging artists, passion, spontaneity, uncharted territory and ideas that spark.
If selected you will receive an honourarium of $500, a video of each performance, full technical staff and marketing as well as a fantastic opportunity to show your work and meet other artists! We offer a travel stipend for out of town artists. This opportunity is available to artists who, at minimum, have completed a professional training program or equivalent and professional choreographers as defined by The Canadian Artist Code.
To apply please send the following via email to email@example.com by the deadline (no exceptions):
- Choreographers’ CV, contact information and biography
- Performer biographies
- Piece description
- A paragraph explaining how the proposed work relates to the theme presented in the series. Interpretations are encouraged. *This is an important aspect of your application. Please give this aspect of the proposal considerable thought.
- List of props, or special technical requests.
- A video of the proposed work or a recent work or work-in-progress. You may send the video via Youtube link or vimeo (with password), or web link. *Please ensure your privacy settings are turned off where necessary.
Works of a minimum of 5min up to a maximum of 20min will be considered. You may propose an excerpt of a longer work, a remounted work, or a new piece. This series is meant to showcase finished works/well-developed pieces and NOT works-in-progress.
If the work you are proposing is not finished as of the application deadline, please show video excerpts of rehearsal footage of the work and clearly dictate with description and video your ideas/rough rehearsal footage to provide an indication as to how the work will be completed.
Dance Matters’ rotating curatorial committee makes its decisions by upholding the following criteria:
- Works of clarity in form and idea
- Works of strong artistic integrity
- Works showcasing spirited performances
- Works from artists who are not presented frequently in other platforms
- Works from a range of artists - from emerging to senior
- A range of solo, duet or group work
- A range of dance aesthetics and viewpoints
Photo of: Jordana Deveau, Choreographer: Louis Laberge-Côté by Kevin Konnyu